After going back over the features that still need to be completed for Shuttles to be ready to use, I’ve decided that there’s still a lot of work to do. I was hoping to have the update ready this weekend, but even if I worked around the clock to get shuttles implemented, the feature would still be rushed and buggy. Version 0.8.1 was never meant to be a massive update, and the fact that it’s taken five months already has led me to decide to push shuttles back to a future version. Shuttles were listed as a tentative feature from the very beginning, so as disappointing as it is, you can’t say I didn’t warn you. I would think that releasing an update without a single interesting feature is better than delaying every feature on account of it (hence the title of this post).
Version 0.8.1 will still contain all of the following:
- Debug commands
- Auto-path to selected tile with shift + right click
- Working items, including one-time consumables and permanent upgrades
- Some old items removed and some new ones added (though not as many as I was hoping for)
- Scanner range stat determined by crew and power in ship’s bridge
- Size limit of 16×16 for class 1, 32×32 for class 2, and 48×48 for class 3 (when implemented)
- Background music
- Options menu (currently, it only has volume options)
- Improved navigation screen UI
- Efficient world saving and loading
- Rebalanced crew damage
- A metric butt-ton of bug fixes and minor rebalances
I still have some finishing touches and clean-up work to do before releasing the update, but you can expect version 0.8.1 to be released sometime this weekend–maybe even later today if everything goes smoothly.